You know the drill: “The job I want requires experience, but how can I get any experience if I can’t get the job?” It starts with a foot in the door and that’s what we’re here to offer you!
We’re happy to announce the launch of the
Netflix Emerging Animation Talent Program in Story
for Animation across Series and Features for
audiences ages Kids and Family, Preschool to Adult.
The Program will provide an opportunity for participants to hone their craft with the mentorship of some of the Animation industries’ most talented artists. You’ll make connections, get the experience you need, and if all goes to plan, this may lead to a job offer on one of our productions. Plus, you’ll make valuable contacts within the Global Animation Community that will reap benefits over the entirety of your career.
This is not going to be easy, good things seldom are, but it will be rewarding. You’ll complete the program a better artist than when you entered. If you are not afraid to work hard, be open to feedback, and really dig into this opportunity, we invite you to please apply.
STORY PROGRAM DATES:
Portfolio Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2020
Finalists Notified by May 2020*
Start Date: June 2020*
Program Duration: 4 months
* Exact dates to be determined
With animation across formats like series, features, and ages, preschool to adult all in production, we are all in. We are not beholden to a house-style or technique; we’ve got traditional (2D) productions underway as well as computer-generated (CG), stop-motion and live-action animation hybrids. Our creative teams are leading the way, creating their passion projects and telling their stories across millions of screens. We welcome disruption, to ask, “What’s next?” We are excited to tell stimulating stories that resonate not just next door, but around the globe.
As we grow our Animation teams, we are looking for people from a wide range of backgrounds to reflect the global nature of our members. It takes a diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create excellent art. While we highly value the importance of diversity in our teams, we also recognize the even greater importance of building an inclusive environment where all employees feel equally welcomed and their voices valued – without inclusion, diversity cannot thrive.
What We are Looking For:
- Emerging artists from all backgrounds who have a passion for animation and who want to further hone their skills with the mentorship of Netflix Animation’s industry experts.
- Those with less than 3 years of professional animation industry experience.
- You must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship (both during and upon completion of the program).
- A college degree or advanced education is not a requirement.
- Links to your website or other social media that demonstrate your craft – don’t forget to include your password – for Storyboarding in animated film, series (kids or adult) or games.
- Storyboard examples from personal projects, story adaptations, or graphic novel excerpts in PDF (upload up to 3 samples – focus on quality not quantity).
- Keep in mind:
- Examples of storyboards should use the camera to propel the story forward or set a particular mood or style.
- Examples of storyboards should demonstrate your full understanding of the mechanics of storyboarding (continuity, axis, camera, and light source awareness, etc.)
- Examples of your storyboards that reflect your preferred genre.
Apply here! https://www.netflixanimation.com/jobs/4651613002?fbclid=IwAR2flV-zHQs0AQ5tvE_yvpyyGWSoD8Tcj4nxXKY6sMjX-bbPD0BqJIkNpaI